Overdraft Policy Acceptance
Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees at Bank of Blue Valley
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction you make, but Bank of Blue Valley pays it anyway. We cover overdrafts in two ways:
- There are standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- There are also overdraft protection plans, such as linking to your savings account, that may cost less than the standard overdraft practices.
By accepting our overdraft policies, you will be able to complete ATM withdrawals and transactions with merchants instead of having those transactions declined.
Standard Overdraft Practices
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
Effective August 15, 2010, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to do so by completing the form located on this page:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
Bank of Blue Valley pays overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If you do not authorize Bank of Blue Valley to pay these transactions and you attempt an ATM withdrawal or debit card transaction that exceeds your available account balance, your transaction will be declined at the ATM and/or merchant location.
Bank of Blue Valley Overdraft Fees
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will not charge an overdraft fee if your account balance is overdrawn by less than $5.00.
- The maximum fee we will charge your account for overdraft items on any business day is $180.00.
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for five (5) or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $5 per day.
If you want Bank of Blue Valley to authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions according to our standard overdraft practices, fill out and submit the form below. If you have more than three (3) accounts with us to authorize, please complete and send the form again with the additional numbers entered in.