Mobile Banking: Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I no longer see my “Passmark” when logging in?
We have updated the login process for BlueWave Online Banking. The new login process will be more convenient, allowing you to enter all of your information on one screen, while continuing to offer layers of security to protect your online banking activities.
What can I do on Mobile Banking?
Using Bank of Blue Valley’s Mobile app, you can check all of your account balances, see recent transactions and transaction history, make transfers between BBV accounts, initiate a payment to an existing biller, and even deposit a check from your smartphone or iPad!
How do I find my Mobile Login?
Your Mobile Login is the login selected by you during Mobile Banking Enrollment. You may view or change your Mobile Login by logging into BlueWave Online Banking.
I haven’t enrolled in Mobile Banking or can’t remember my Mobile Login. How do I retrieve my login information?
Log into your BlueWave online banking from any computer, web-enabled phone or iPad. Once logged in, go to “Other Services” and select “Mobile Banking.” If you have previously enrolled, you will see your Mobile Login and cell number. Make any changes necessary, such as resetting your password, and start banking mobile!
If you have not previously enrolled you may do so from the Mobile Banking menu within the BlueWave. Once logged in go to “Other Services” and select “Mobile Banking.” You will need to select a unique Mobile Login and enter your cell number. After accepting the disclaimer you will receive a text to your phone, ensuring enrollment. No text response is required.
Enrollment is instant. Access your accounts via our Bank of Blue Valley Mobile Banking app at any time after enrollment to take advantage of our special features. If you share a BlueWave login with your account co-signers, only one Mobile Login may be established per BlueWave login. Please contact our Helpline at 913-338-1000 with questions or additional enrollment requests.
What is Mobile Deposit? How can I deposit a check from home?
Mobile Deposit is the ability to use your smartphone, iPhone or iPad to capture a picture (front and back) of the check you wish to deposit. Using the latest technology, this image is converted into an item that may be deposited into your checking account. Terms and Conditions apply, and some checking accounts may not be eligible for Mobile Deposit.
Select “Deposit” from the Mobile Banking app menu. Choose the checking account you wish to deposit the check into and enter the check amount. Follow the onscreen instructions to take a picture of the front and back of the check. Submit and confirm your deposit! You will receive an email from email@example.com with additional deposit information shortly.
After I make my Mobile Deposit, how soon will my funds be available?
In general, mobile deposit funds will be made available on the next business day, after the day of your deposit, as long as the deposit was submitted prior to 4 p.m. CST. All submitted mobile deposits are subject to review before they are considered final. A successfully submitted deposit does not mean the funds are immediately available for use. Please keep in mind; we may delay availability of funds if further review of a deposit is required. Any information in regards to delayed availability will be communicated to you.
Please note business days are M-F excluding holidays. Any mobile deposits made after 4 p.m. CST on a Friday will not be available until the following Tuesday.
What if I didn’t get a Mobile Deposit status email? How do I verify my email?
You may update or view your registered email address by logging into BlueWave Online Banking. Simply go to “Other Services” to view the “Change of Address” tab. The email address listed in the “Email” field is where your Mobile Deposit notifications will be sent. If this email is correct, you may navigate away from the “Change of Address” tab. If this email is incorrect, please replace with your updated email address and select “Submit” at the bottom of your screen. Select “Confirm” after reviewing your information to initiate the update.
What does my device need to run the Mobile App?
Your Apple device requires iPhone or iPad running iOS 7.0 or higher with a rear facing camera. Your Android smartphone requires Android 4.0 or higher with a rear facing camera.
For assistance with setting up Mobile Enrollment, using the Mobile app, or questions about Mobile Deposit account eligibility, please contact us via the Bank of Blue Valley Helpline at Helpline@BankBV.com or by calling 913-338-1000.
Is Mobile Banking Secure?
Bank of Blue Valley is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal and financial information. When conducting banking on your mobile device, it’s always helpful to be aware of the safety tips below!
Mobile Banking: Safety Tips
- If your Android smartphone, iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen, or if you suspect identity theft, immediately contact our helpline at 913-338-1000.
- Use the Passcode lock or phone Screen Lock function on your mobile device. These functions password-protect your device so that nobody else can use it or view your information.
- When you are finished with a Mobile Banking session, make sure to “Log Out” instead of just dismissing the app. You will be automatically logged out after 5 minutes of inactivity and be required to sign in again to continue your banking session.
- Keep your device in a secure location or in your possession.
- If your device can employ encryption, enable it.
- Delete old text messages from the bank and other financial institutions before discarding or selling your mobile device. You should also do a factory reset to erase all data. Remember, however, a factory reset may not destroy all data.
- Never send personal information (account numbers, passwords, social security number, etc.) using text messaging. If a message is intercepted or your phone is stolen, it could be used in ID theft.
- To ensure the safety of your personal and account information, only download mobile apps from reputable sources (i.e. Google Play or Apple App Store).
General Online Security Tips
- Please visit our Bank of Blue Valley Security Center (link: https://safeguard-security-program.net/bankofbluevalley/).
- Do not use your Social Security number as a username or password. Change your usernames and passwords regularly and use combinations of letters, numbers and special characters. Do not use your banking passwords as a password for other online accounts.
- Protect your online passwords and answers to security questions. Don't write them down or share them with anyone. Select questions and provide answers that are easy to remember but are hard for others to guess.
- Only shop using secure websites that you know and trust. Look for "secure transaction" symbols like a lock symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window or address bar, or "https://..." in the address bar of the website. The "s" indicates "secured" and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from any website after making a purchase with your credit or debit card. If you cannot log off, close your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.